Joomla developers are working hard on Joomla 3.7, and this version will bring some new changes.
The current Joomla version is 3.6.2 and it was released on 4th August 2016. Joomla 3.7 is currently aimed for December 2016.
Quick preview of some key new features in Joomla 3.7 by Brian Teeman
Video recorded at JoomlaDay Israel by Joomla Israel
In September, an interesting event took place in Tel Aviv - JoomlaDay Israel. (We were one of the sponsors of this event!)
During the conference, Brian Teeman (Joomla Co-founder) presented lecture about what can we expect from upcoming Joomla 3.7 version.
Let's take a look at planned features that may be added to Joomla 3.7. We can be sure that it's going to make the life easier!
- Upgraded menu system - New button will be added to menu. Users will be able to create article during menu edit.
- Options - Global settings will be visible (yes, no, show, hide) Users will do not have remember how the global settings are.
- Improved language installation system
- Custom fields - Joomla users will be able to add custom fields to articles, user profiles and contact forms.
- Editor - users will be able to assign multiple custom Joomla editors to specific user groups.
- New Joomla URL Router - This improvement could be very beneficial for all Joomla websites from SEO point of view. The new router would make the Joomla more search engine friendly avoiding all those duplicate and ugly URLs.