Joomla extensions can significantly improve the performance of your online eCommerce store. Extensions can enhance the front-end of your Joomla website and improve the user experience of the visitors.
Extensions provide the much-needed enhancement to your administrator panel and help manage your website better. They make your lives better.
Top ten Joomla extensions for your eCommerce store
These are the extensions we use ourselves and recommend for almost every Joomla site on the Internet.
DJ-Catalog2 is among the best directory and eCommerce extensions available for Joomla. This easy to use extension comes with an extensive functionality system.
By assigning every item a category, it helps create catalogues and shopping carts. Also, you can use an unlimited number of parameters. This ensures a detailed presentation of products.
The main features of DJ-Catalog2 include:
- Quick and simple setup with no need for advanced configuration.
- Modern and responsive design that integrates with your site’s template and design.
- Unlimited categories and subcategories.
- All elements are translation-ready and thus offer multilingual usage.
- VAT rates are based on the user's country.
- Customers get access to invoices and past purchases in the Customer Panel.
- It can be used to generate coupon codes as well.
- Certain products can be highlighted with special product labels.
- Single list view to know stock and price lists.
- Can be configured to allow guest user orders.
- Product comparison tool to help users compare the features of two products.
Price: Mini plan available ar $72 for 3 months of downloads, updates, and support.
HikaShop is among the most popular Joomla extensions and brings some valuable benefits to users. This Joomla extension is perfect for developers who are experts in HTML and CSS. HikaShop is perfect for eCommerce portals offering international sales. It provides multilingual support and payment gateways.
Features of HikaShop
- Allows you to integrate different vendors to sell their products in your store. You can ask them to pay a certain amount to manage their sales on your portal.
- Lets you generate accurate reports based on your portal data. They will be represented through graphs, tables, and many other charts for better understanding.
- Clear data representation will be presented to you to help you understand the trends, popular products, sales for the month, and so on.
- This Joomla extension enables you to modify the layout of your items as much as you like.
This Joomla eCommerce extension has been in use for a decade and has evolved to adapt to new technologies. Virtuemart has become the must-have extension for Joomla developers, mainly due to the ease of customization, better architecture, stable interface, and efficient performance.
Virtuemart gives easy access to your portal and even more straightforward customization. With its multilingual features and multiple payment gateway options, this Joomla extension is a must-have for your eCommerce store.
The main features of Virtuemart include:
- Easy to use and customize.
- Multilingual support.
- Multiple payment gateways
- Community support 24x7.
- Wide range of templates and layout per category.
- SEO friendly with meta tags.
- Auto currency rate information.
The j2Store is laden with a wide range of features and allows users to redesign their website without technical knowledge, making it feature among the best Joomla extensions.
j2Store is a free Joomla eCommerce extension that doesn’t require an elaborate registration process. It gives you the support to add products and create variants, identify zone-based tax rules, segregation of advanced pricing rules by customer groups and quantity.
It can help build and customize your online dream store.
The main features of j2Store include:
- Responsive design.
- Multilingual support.
- Unlimited products.
- Advanced pricing options.
- Customize order status
- Product list layout
- Multi-currency support.
- Currency switching option
- Order stats in a dashboard.
Price: Basic version is free. Pro version will cost $49 for 6 months.
You can install and develop your online business within no time using the Sellacious Joomla extension. It is among the best Joomla extensions that have a user-friendly interactive interface. Other features such as e-wallet and front-end product filters make it a preferred extension among Joomla developers.
The main features of Sellacious include:
- Email Marketing.
- Responsive design.
- Inventory management.
- Review management
- SEO management.
- Wide range of templates.
- E-wallet and transaction reporting.
- 24/7 community support.
The JCE Joomla extension speeds up your content authoring process on eCommerce websites. This is the most frequently installed extension on almost all websites.
The interface is great for integration with efficient image editing and uploading capabilities. The native editor enables superb image management techniques.
JCE is not only a great image management extension but simplifies formatting functions with MS Office-like functions. It allows you to create internal links easily and fast and has an integrated spell check feature to avoid any spelling mistakes at all.
This is a must-have for Joomla eCommerce developers.
The main features of JCE include:
- Integrated spell check.
- Ease of formatting and adding images.
- Faster linking and formatting.
- Ease of creating tables and much more.
Google is the most important visitor on your site and is also the most significant traffic driver. Google prefers fresh content on its search engines, and a sitemap is a tool that informs it about the changes you have done.
Creating a sitemap may sound too much of work, but not with this Joomla eCommerce extension – JSitemap.
JSitemap simplifies sitemap generation even with a website full of content. This extension not only generates the sitemap for your site, but it also indexes content from any third-party components you may have installed.
JSitemap automatically pings search engines every time new content is added, increasing your site’s chances of ranking high on them.
The main features of JSitemap include:
- Automated sitemap creation.
- Multiple sitemap generations.
- Simple SEO control panel.
- Multilingual sitemap creation.
- Automatic pings to search engines in case of new content added.
- Video sitemap generation.
This is a responsive and very robust Joomla extension. It is built on a standard Joomla MVC architecture loaded with great features. The best part about this extension is that it is simple, without any complexity.
The interface is straightforward; all you have to do is to install it and add items. You can create and customize your own categories, product pages, and so on. EShop allows you to develop and expand your online eCommerce store quickly.
The main features of Eshop include:
- Options to include unlimited categories, products, and manufacturers.
- Multiple currencies and language options.
- More than 60 payment gateway options.
- More than 10 shipping methods.
- Wide range of themes.
- Advanced and accurate sales report generation.
- SEO optimized.
- Responsive design.
- Notification emails when order status changes.
- Content and layout of emails are editable.
- When a product is ordered, email notifications are sent to admin, customer, guest, and manufacturer.
As a website owner, you are aware of the amount of spam you can receive every day. Your website’s image can get affected due to too much spam, and no website owner would want that. Thankfully Antispam by CLeanTalk helps you tackle just that.
Antispam by CleanTalk blocks any spam, including comments and suspicious registration. If your website already has much spam, this extension can check and get rid of it with ease. The extension can identify dubious email addresses used for registration or commenting and blocks them. This helps you to negate automation bots on your online store.
You can install this extension without any hassle and enjoy 24/7 community support if you doubt or solve problems. This solution is among the best Joomla security extensions and a must for your Joomla eCommerce site.
The main features include:
- Filtering foul comments.
- Block suspicious IPs and allow the others to comment and register.
- Block IPs from selected countries.
- Thwart attacks and exploits such as SQL injection.
- Auto blocking IPs that are repeat offenders.
This extension allows you to add downloadable documents to your site with ease. If your site has hundreds of documents for users, this Joomla eCommerce extension is going to help you do just that.
Docman organizes your documents in separate categories activating different types of permissions for various types of downloads. The users will have to register to download the documents.
The main features of Docman include:
- Ease of use.
- Helps organize your documents across infinite grouped categories.
- Enables you to manage from the front-end. Allows you to add, edit, and delete documents and categories.
- Allows you to share documents privately.
- Permits you to provide access to a certain group of people.
- Allows you to upload documents in batches.
- Automatic indexing of the uploaded documents.
- Ease of adding documents as hyperlinks on articles.
- Drag and drop file upload.
- Resize, crop, or filter images in the browser without leaving the site.
- Scanning of all existing documents to confirm they are no issues with them
Price: $99 annually.
Joomla is a great CMS for building online shopping portals. When you compare Joomla with other CMS, you will realize you are so much more in control and have several customization options. Joomla is an open-source CMS, and it offers plenty of extensions to build the best eCommerce website.
It doesn’t matter if you’re new or an existing Joomla eCommerce user, we recommend you consider trying at least one of these ten extensions mentioned above as they are the best in the market in 2021.