Here's the list of the most important DJ-Tabs features. You will also find the screenshots at the bottom of this article. If you're interested in more details please check the Documentation and Tutorials.
For all Joomla versions
DJ-Tabs is compatible both with Joomla 3and Joomla 4.
Use it now and easily upgrade in future.
DJ-Tabs is fully responsive and fits any device + you can control tabs visibility on mobile devices separately for each tab.
Simplicity of use
DJ-Tabs doesn't require any complicated setup or using code or syntax. When it comes to managing, tabs are following Joomla pattern with items and categories. If you know Joomla you know how to use it.
You can create an unlimited number of tabs groups and items for different pages or occasions. Well organized and ready to use when needed.
Tabs or Accordions
Your tabs can be displayed as regular tabs, as an accordions. You can easily change one to another to see what fits best your website.
Create and use themes
Choose one of the 16 available themes or create an own one easily. Customizing the look and colors to match your website is really straightforward.
Add icons or images to tabs
Tabs and accordions don't need to be only text. Easily add icons or images to each tab to make their appearance more eye-catching.
Not only text
When creating the item (one tab) you can choose one of 6 available item types. You can display just content from an article or module, but you can also display filtered articles and create a news-like list of articles from Joomla or K2. That's not all you can also insert videos and any Joomla module from any extension.
Advanced content filtering
When using the Article Categories item type as your tab you can filter the content it displays by dates, tags, categories and featured articles.
Works with Joomla extensions and external services
Tabs can display Joomla Articles, categories, K2 items and categories, you can also insert any Joomla module (from any extension) and insert videos from YouTube and Vimeo
Ready for accessible websites
Tabs are WCAG /ADA /Section508 compliant. It means they are adapted for use by peoples with disabilities. Users can navigate tabs using keys.
Translations and RTL support
DJ-Tabs comes with ready translations and you can easily translate it to your language (we can provide a tool for you). Language packs available for download: German, Polish, Dutch, Russian, Slovenian, Portuguese, Turkish, Portuguese-Brasil, French, Chinese. DJ-Tabs works great with RTL languages as well.
Display tabs as a module, menu item, or insert them directly in the article
- choose a theme, and layout (tabs or accordions)
- set a type of tabs' trigger: they will open on click or hover
- decide if tabs should be visible on mobile devices
- control publishing options (tabs can show and hide only when planned or constantly)
- decide which tab or accordion should be opened at on start
- Set details of the accordions with articles such as should all be closed or first opened, etc
- set animation speed
- choose whether to scroll the page to the active tab's content
- customize every detail of the tabs
Display videos and modules:
- Easily insert videos to tabs by just providing a video URL
- Choose whether the Youtube/Vimeo video should be paused/started automatically while switching tabs
- Insert any module to the tabs, it can be a gallery, contact form, a map, or whatever module you want
Article (as your tab's content canvas)
- choose whether to display date, title, or article image,
- set article's date format and position
- set title's characters limit
- choose whether to display article images or not
- choose the article's image type and set its dimensions
- create article's images thumbnails
- display article's author and/or category; choose if it should be a link or not
- set a custom "Read more" text
- limit the number of article's description characters
- DJ-Tabs parses all the plugins and modules you insert into the displayed article
- choose a category or multiple categories to display articles
- you can use advanced filtering to show only those articles you need (by date, category, tag, featured article, etc)
- limit the number of displayed articles
- set the displayed articles' min and max date created
- choose whether to display articles from the last X days
- set a max category level - whether articles should be displayed from only the chosen categories or its subcategories as well
- set articles' ordering: Name, Date created, date published, Popularity, Ordering or Random; ascending or descending
- choose how the articles should be displayed: in the accordion or in static columns (you can control the number of columns)
- works with Joomla and K2
* All parameters can be set Globally and overridden specifically for each DJ-Tabs item.