DJ-Catalog2 allows creating global price rules with a specific calculation type.
Check the video explaining what you can achieve with price rules:
Creating a price rule
To create a price rule navigate to Components -> DJ-Catalog2 and select 'Price rules' from the left menu.
Click the 'New' button.
Price rule configuration is split into 2 parts: 'New' and 'Publishing options'.
- Description - Enter a price rule description. This description will be visible in the checkout page
- Operation - Select an operation for price rule (Subtract or Add)
- Rule type - Type of a price rule value. Select between percent and amount
- Calculation type - Select between:
Grand total (whole cart) - choosing this option will cause an effect on everything in a cart (including payment methods, delivery methods)
Products sub-total - choosing this option will cause affect only on all products in the cart-page (for checkout process)
Each product individually - choosing this option will allow you to assign products on which the price rule will be available
Important! Selecting this calculation type will display additional options:
- Affect old price - setting this option to 'no' will display the old price of the products
- Assign to the product - select which products should be assigned to the price rule
- Category restriction - select which category should be assigned to the price rule
- Excluded product IDs - select which product IDs should be excluded from the price rule
Delivery price - choosing this option will cause affect only Delivery Methods. The description of the price rule will be hidden in the checkout process
Payment price - choosing this option will cause affect only on Payment Methods. The description of the price rule will be hidden in the checkout process
- Value - Enter a value for a price rule
- Available in countries - Select countries where this price rule will be available. Leave empty to select all countries
- Postcodes - Select the range for a price rule by entering postcodes separated by pipeline
- Minimum orders - Enter a minimum number of orders that must be made to make the price rule visible. New/pending orders do not count. The rule refers only to logged-in users. 0 = no limit
- Maximum orders - Enter a maximum number of orders that must be made to make the price rule visible. New/pending orders do not count. The rule refers only to logged-in users. -1 = no limit
- Assign to the user - You can assign a price rule to a specific user
- Group - You can choose a group
- ID - The ID of a price rule
- Published - Select between published and unpublished status
- Start date - Select a start date. Leave empty to generate a date automatically
- Expiry date - Select an expiration date. Leave empty to generate a date automatically
- Created Date - Select date of creation. Leave empty to generate a date automatically
- Created By - Select a creator of this price rule.
- Modified Date - The date of last modification
- Modified By - User who made the modification
Grand total calculation type (Independence Day in the USA)
This price rule will be available only in the USA on Independence Day (4th of July). The rule will affect everything (including Delivery Methods and Payment Methods) for a whole day.
The rule will be visible in a Cart Page (checkout process):
And also in Checkout Page:
Products sub-total calculation type (10th Birthday of the company)
This price rule will be available for everyone. It affects every product in a store.
The price rule will be displayed in the Cart Page:
And also in the Checkout Page (under the 'Products'):
Each product individually calculation type (+5% for people from Poland)
This rule will affect every product from the Desktop Computers category. Only people from Poland will be assigned to the price rule.
Affect the old price option is set to 'No'. That's why old price will be visible in the Product List layout:
The old price won't be visible in the checkout process:
Delivery price calculation type (Delivery tax 5%)
The price rule will affect only on Delivery Methods. It will be hidden in the checkout process.
The basic delivery price is set to '10 USD'. The price rule is applied in the Checkout Page:
Payment price calculation type (Payment tax 5%)
The price rule will affect only Payment Methods. It will be hidden in the checkout process.
The basic payment price is set to '50 USD'. The price rule is applied in the Checkout Page.