This integration let's you create invoices for your customers for all purchases and payments they did in DJ-Classifieds.
The idea behind this integration is that you can assign profile fields from DJ-Classifieds profile to fields used by Invoice Manager.
This way information you require from your users when posting an advert can be pulled from DJ-Classifieds profile and used for the invoice.
To make things easier we've created step by step tutorial on how to set DJ-Classifieds along with Invoices App.
First you need to have Invoice Manager installed and set up.
Then install DJ-Classifieds Invoices App Invoice Manager integration like any other extension by going to: Extensions -> Manage and upload the plugin.
We need to create DJ-Classifieds Profile fields (if you don't have them yet) that will be used by Invoice Manager.
For purpose of this tutorial I've created all fields that are available for Invoice Manager.
This is how it looks like in DJ-Classifieds (Here you can learn how to create custom fields in user's profile):
Now open DJ-Classifieds Invoice Manager integration plugin
Assign the previously created fields (from DJ-Classifieds) to proper Invoice Manager fields in the plugin
There are also two other settings you want to take a look:
- Automatically publish new invoices - set to "Yes" if you want the invoices to be automatically visible to the user on frontend after the payment was confirmed
- Invoice paid status on creation - set to "Paid" if you want the system to automatically change invoice status to "Paid" once payment processor confirms the payment
Now enable (1) and save (2) the plugin
For now we have:
- Created the profile custom fields in DJ-Classifieds
- Configured and enabled Innvoice Manager plugin
Now every user that will edit the profile will see the fields that we've created earlier.
once the profile is saved you can see it in user profile
If you want certain fields to be visible only for Administrator and profile owner and not visible for everybody else select "Visible only for admin" when creating the custom field:
Allow your users to see their Invoices
Now add menu item for users to let them see their invoices.
Create new menu item by going to Menu manager and clicking "New".
Then click "Select" in Menu Item Type.
Now choose “My Invoices Layout"
Don’t forget to give Menu the title (for example "My invoices”) (1), choose where the menu will be published (2) and click “Save” (3).
Users can now see their invoices in their account
Now every purchase your users do is visible in their Invoices page. The invoice may look like this:
- Name of the user (Joomla core)
- Address (Fields from DJ-Classifieds user profile)
- E-mail address (Joomla core)
- Vat Id (Field from DJ-Classifieds user profile)
- Phone (Field from DJ-Classifieds user profile)
- Item name (can be: Advert name, Points Package name or Subscription plan name)
Hope you like the tutorial.
If you have any questions or suggestions let us know in comments below!