Sometimes you need to allow a user to access and manage only one (or few) Joomla! component in the backend.
This is quite easy to set. From this tutorial you'll learn how to do it. I'll show that on DJ-Classifieds example.
Created user will be able to manage only one component in Joomla! backend.
Step 1. Add new user group
In Joomla admin panel click "Users" in top bar and then "Add New Group"
- Name your group however you like. I'll call it "DJ-Classifieds"
- Select "Manager" as parent group
- Click "Save & Close"
Step 2. Assign user to the new group
Edit or create new user and in "Assigned User Groups" tab check the newly created Group (DJ-Classifieds in my case) and click "Save & Close".
Step 3. Grant access to DJ-Classifieds component
Click "System" and then "Global Configuration" in submenu
- From left menu select "DJ-Classifieds"
- Open"Permissions" tab
- Select "DJ-Classifieds" (this is the group we created earlier)
- In "Access Administration Interface" row
- Select "Allowed"
- And save by clicking "Save & Close"
Step 4. Disable access to other components
Now you need to disable access for all components you don't want user to see in beckend.
In default Joomla! setup you'll need to disable access to:
- Smart Search
- Media manager
- News Feeds
To do so:
For each component that you want to hide from the user go to its "Options" and repeat this scenario:
- Open "Permissions" tab
- Select "DJ-Classifieds" group (this is the group I created in Step 1.)
- Select "Denied" in "Access Administration Interface"
- And click "Save & Close"
You're ready. Now the user has access only to DJ-Classifieds component