We're glad to release the stable version of DJ-Classifieds 3.7.
After a couple of weeks of Beta version, we have decided to release the stable version for all users.
3.7 is a major update to the component that brings many new features that were requested by you - our users. The most significant changes were made in the locations/regions engine, now it is more flexible and SEO friendly. There was also much work done when it comes to making it more efficient and able to handle more items.
The most important new features in DJ-Classifieds 3.7 are related to:
You can learn more what's new in this update in the previous post about the Beta version where we have covered the new features.
The stable version in comparison to the Beta one brings three bugfixes, and we have introduced the compatibility with Watchful.li service. If all went fine - future updates would also be processed by the service. This integration is another after releasing integration with Perfect Dashboard. Read the complete changelog for DJ-Classifieds 3.7.
How to update?
- The latest version is ready for download in our downloads section. You can also update using DJ-Classifieds Update Manager or with regular Joomla updater.
Things to remember before updating:
- Always remember to make a backup, even we have tested the extension we cannot anticipate all scenarios - have a backup so you can always revert to the previous stage (Akeeba Backup)
- If you are using a template that has a styling for DJ-Classifieds, first make sure it is ready for the latest version, if not yet - ask your provider when the update will be released and update the extension only after updating the template!
If your subscription expired you can renew it with 25% discount.
What is next?
Currently, we are working on some new features to be released soon. This version is prepared for them, so this was part of this update as well. Soon we will release:
- AUP integration - earn AUP points in DJ-Classifieds, and use this virtual currency to pay for actions in DJ-Classifieds (AUP points can be earned for actions in other extensions)
- Bad words filter - with this plugin you will be able to stop auto-publishing of the adverts that have specified words in the description or title of the advert
- Ghost ads App - this will allow leaving the deleted advert as an HTML with text information from the ad. Great way to leave an archive of the previous ads without need of keeping all information about it
- Offers - enhancements to regular classified ads/auctions functionality - users will be able to suggest their offer for the item. Exemplary scenario: Seller wants to sell something for $10 and the buyer can perform this action: "I will pay $5 and additionally give you a bike". The seller can then accept or deny the offer.
If you have any questions about this release contact us via our helpdesk or leave a comment!