New features, improvements, fixes! DJ-Classifieds 3.5 is here.
The mega update for DJ-Classifieds is here and brings a massive amount of new features and fixes. Some of them are small and other are big improvements. In this article I’ll try to explain in more details what has changed and what you can expect in latest release
The list below is not complete as not all features need to be explained in more details. You can check changelog for all fixes, changes and new features.
Block adverts by users on front
When this function is enabled users will be able to block/disable the advert if needs to take down the advert for some reasons - later they can bring it back with a one click button - Learn More
New extra field - “purchase_details”
This new field is meant to be used for communication between buyer/seller one party can put there information that will be visible only to the owner and other side that makes business with him - Learn More
Users can search for adverts in their profiles
Search field is now available within user’s profile view so it’s easy to find one advert one there are plenty of those - Learn More
Users can now copy their adverts. Real time saver if someone is posting similar adverts. Using the copy functionality will open the submission form with same fields filled (even the pictures) so it’s easy to make a little adjustments and post similar advert - Learn more
Extra fields assigned to all categories can be always visible in Search / Filter module!
You can now display extra fields that are assigned to all categories in Search Module no matter if any category is selected! - Learn more
Native Joomla ReCaptcha 2.0 is now supported in registration plugin and “Contact this advertiser”!
Improved RWD support for Slider in DJ-Classifieds Items module
Autoresizing of columns and reduction of columns when column wider than 80px.
Remember user's details when submitting new advert
Administrator can connect user profile fields with Category and Contact fields. This way fields will be autocompleted with data that do not need to be entered each time users submit ads. Learn more
New module positions
‘djcf-top’ was added to checkout page and 'djcf-top-cat0’ is now available in main categories view
Display only ads from registered users in Maps module
you can now filter the results on map to display ads only from registered users without displaying ads from guests. Learn more
Select parent category in Menu module
If you need to display the child categories of parent category site-wise. Learn more
Show only 'BuyNow' adverts" in Search module
New option to choose in Search module - show only adverts with “Buy now” feature enabled.
Display custom fields in DJ-Classifieds Items module
Now you can display custom fields also in Items Module. Learn more
Display category images for adverts
Use the category image rather than the one default image. Learn more
Multicategories support in Maps module
As you can now select in Maps Module the categories from DJ-Classifieds should display adverts this new feature will also display products/items/adverts from the categories that are not main. For example if the advert is in two categories A (main) and B (additional) and the Maps Module is set to display items only from B category it'll now also display the items that are added to B category (additional category).
Support for caching in DJ-Classifieds modules
You can now use individual caching options in modules: Regions, Maps, Category Tree, Category Module (Menu), Statistics
When you select something from the autocompletion field in DJ-Classifieds Search it’ll automatically show the results. No need to click anything more!
Arrows in sort values on Smart table view
Payments for Multicategories
Once using Multi Categories App each category will be now charged separately. For example if you have 2 paid categories and user adds one main [paid] category and second [paid] category when submitting the advert price for both categories will be added to the checkout.
Number of adverts in user profiles list [Admin]
Administrator can now quickly see and sort users by amount of adverts submitted by them.
Renew days info when not using durations plans
If you're not using "durations" and leave only one duration in DJ-Classifieds and the advert expired, user when renewing the advert will have automatically assigned the only possible renewal duration.
Accordion for adverts in User Subscription plans
Support for paid type during renewal process
When renewing adverts users can now add paid types!
Copy of email send to administrator after Bank Transfer payment
Once user uses the Bank transfer payment method administrator will be notified by email
Other nice features
- Added feature "Show on click" for core contact field when used as a custom field
- User profile links based on profile view Itemid
- Renew days info when not using durations - If you're not using "durations" and leave only one duration in DJ-Classifieds and the advert expired, user when renewing the advert will have automatically assigned the only possible renewal duration.
- Perfect Dashboard integration added
- Search in administrator payments by ID of payment and ID of item (advert,subscription plan, points package)
- When editing custom fields you can now see to what categories they are assigned when you click on the select list - the chosen categories are marked with the asterisk (*)
Features that developers will love
- Class with field name in custom field container during advert creation
- New trigger for plugins before validating User ['onBeforeValidateDJClassifiedsSaveUser']
- Address and Post code placeholders in DJ-Classifieds Search Module changed to HTML5 placeholder instead of script solution
- New trigger for plugins before saving User ['onBeforeDJClassifiedsSaveUser']
- New trigger for plugins after saving User ['onAfterDJClassifiedsSaveUser']
- Changed to placeholder events onblur and onfocus in main input of search module
- Payments library that allows easier creation of Payments plugins
The app is ready but we need a little bit more time to release it, it should be ready within next 2 weeks!
That’s not all!
- Check complete changelog
- Learn about good practices when updating extensions
- See how to update DJ-Classifieds