Now you can pass on to create a new category.
Click on the Add Category button from the Control Panel and you will be directed to the page:
- Name – enter the name of the category
- Alias – enter alias
- Price – price for adding ads to this category
- Price points – 'price' for adding ads to this category in points
- Parent Category – the first category leave as Main Category, the next one can be assigned as a subcategory (optional)
- Published – publish/unpublish
- Adding adverts – decide if posting adverts in this category will be available for users or for administrator only
- Autopublish – select if adverts posted in this category will be published automatically
- Theme – you can choose different theme for each category
- Description – enter the category full description in the text-area (optional)
- Custom fields – assign custom fields to the category. First you have to Save the category in order to manage the custom fields
Once new category is saved you can select custom fields that will be used in this category.
- Access only for adults – choose if access to this category should be restricted
- Viewing Access Restrictions –
- Viewing Advert Details Acces Restrictions –
- Adding Access Restrictions –
- Meta keywords – an optional comma-separated list of keywords or phrases to be used in the HTML output
- Meta description – an optional paragraph to be used as the description of the category in the HTML output
- Icon – shows the existing category icon
- Add icon – add icon to the category (optional)
See an example list of categories:
If you want to make some changes in the added category e.g. change the image or the description, you can do it simply clicking on the Edit button after selecting the category you want to edit.
See an example of the edited category:
Make your changes and click the Save button.