Once you enter the DJ-CookieMonster plugin you'll find settings:
Test mode - this feature is needed when you initially setup the plugin, with this setting the message will be displayed every time you enter the site, so you can check all the settings before going live.
Show once - with this feature enabled you can set the plugin to display the message only once with the first visit of the user. Every page change will make the message disappear and it will not show up again.
- Top - default setting - message will be displayed in top of your website
- Bottom - message will be displayed in the bottom of your website
- System Message - message will be displayed in the "System message" area of your template (please not that your template needs to have this position - but most templates do)
Close button text - here you can enter your own custom text for close button.
Width - this is the width of the message. By default it's set for 100% so the message appears as a full width bar in the top or bottom of your template. You can change it to other values - for example 980px. This way the message can fit more to your template design. This feature does not apply for "System Message" target type.
Height - this is the height of the message. You can change it to other values - for example 20px. This way the message can fit more to your template design. This feature does not apply for "System Message" target type.
Fixed position - if set to "Yes" the message will overlay the template. When it's set to "No" the message will display below or over the template.
- Style1 - simple gray box
- Style2 - simple yellow box
- Style3 - Cookie Monster style with some graphics
- Style4 - Grey box with rounded corners that automatically fits your template width
- Style5 - Circled Red
- Style6 - Circled Black
- Style7 - Circled White
Fixed offset - Depending on the selection you made in "Target" setting this option allows you to display the message in specific distance from the top or bottom of the browser's edges. This setting applies only for Top and Bottom target setting and works only when Fixed position setting is set to "Yes". You can use percentage (for example 10% or pixel values , for example 10px)
Cookie time - Here you can enter the value of the cookie life in days. For example, if you type 30, the cookie will remember to NOT to display the message again during the 30 days from the first visit, then after 30 days the message will appear again.
Message Source - you can decide what should be the source of the message. It can be:
- Plugin - once you choose that option the message will apear as filled in this plugin
- Module - select module that will be displayed in the message area