Sometimes you need to limit access for viewing certain categories for your users. With Subscription Plans App you can create a plan that will allow users to view categories you selected only when their plan is active. This is a another way you can charge your users!
Steps to take in this tutorial
- Create Joomla Group
- Create Joomla Access Level
- Create or edit DJ-Classifieds Category
- Create new Subscription Plan
- Check if the settings are correct
- Make a Subscription plan test purchase
First create New Joomla Group by going to Users -> Groups -> Add New Group
Give your Group Title (1), and select Group Parent to "Registered" (2) (in certain situations you can use different groups, but for this tutorial we'll stay with "Registered") and click "Save & Close"(3)
Now create a Joomla Access Level that will allow users that are in it to access the category. For the convenience of this tutorial I've created Access Level "DJCF-Restricted" in Joomla.
To setup new Access Level in Joomla, do following:
In Joomla backend go to Users -> Access Levels -> Add Access Level
Give your Level Title (1), and select User Groups Having Viewing Access to "DJCF-Restricted" (2) and click "Save & Close"(3)
Now navigate to Components -> DJ-Classifieds -> Categories -> New or if you're editing the category just open it.
In this view:
Give your category a name and set all needed settings. I've named the category "Restricted" (this is our demo category that we'll be restricting access to) for convenience of this tutorial.
Now open "Access Restrictions" (1) tab:
and click Save (2) (it's needed when you're creating new category).
Once the category is saved, go back to "Access Restrictions" tab and set as explained:
- Set Viewing Access Restrictions to the Access Level we've created (DJCF-Restricted in my case)
- Set Viewing advert details Access Restrictions to the same Access Level
- Select "Restricted" in Adding Access Restrictions and in the multiselect box choose DJCF-Restricted
- Click Save & Close
Now we need to create the subscription plan that will allow for viewing and adding the adverts to the category "Restricted"
Go to Components -> DJ-Classifieds -> Subscription Plans -> New
Here in "New" and "Params" tabs you need to set all needed settings. You can learn more about subscription plans settings here: https://dj-extensions.com/faq/dj-classifieds-faq/how-subscription-plans-app-for-dj-classifieds-works
This way after user purchases this plan he'll be automatically assigned to this Joomla User Group.
Things to check:
- Check if the category "Restricted" is not visible for non-registered users - should NOT be visible
- Check if the category "Restricted" is not visible for regular registered users (those without the Subscription Plan we have created earlier) - should NOT visible
- Check if regular user can't see the category when submitting new advert - they should NOT see it
Now make a test if the plan was set correctly.
Go to your Subscription Plans page on your website's front end and purchase the Plan we've just created
After the successful payment the plan is activated (you can manualy accept the payment in DJ-Classifieds Payment section)
Once the subscription from the Subscription Plan ends the user will be automatically unattached from the DJCF-Restricted user group and wont see the category "Restricted" until the plan is activated again.
Hope you like this tutorial, if you have any questions about it leave a comment!