DJ-Classifieds component allows to host auctions on your Joomla powered website! Users can run own auctions and sell items to your site visitors! To make it everything easier we will show you how to manage the auctions, how to place a bid and many more!
Open the "DJ-Classifieds" component.
Click "Options" and open the "Global" tab.
To make the auctions visible to users - you need to activate them in DJ-Classifieds settings.
Now scroll down to "Advert Specific settings". You can set there:
- Auctions - yes/no - decide whether to enable or disable auctions
- Auctions bid displayed - the number of visible latest bids
Now scroll down to "Notification Settings". For the proper notification's system activity it is required to configure notification settings.
The notifications should be triggered from Cron link. The "Notification send trigger" need to be set for a "Cron link" (http://yourwebsite.com/index.php?option=com_djclassifieds&task=cronNotifications) -
Once you have the DJ-Classifieds component opened go to "Emails templates" tab.
There are several ready notification emails prepared especially for auctions. Of course you can modify them depending to your needs.
- bidder contact email (ID6)- the auction owner can message the bidder on the frontpage using this theme
- end author notification email (ID4)- info to auction owner with data about the correct auction's end.
- end author notification email (ID12)- no bids - info to auction owner - no offers
- end author notification email (ID13) - info to auction owner , auction is over, the minimal price was not reached.
- end bidder notification email (ID15) - info to all participants who have not won
- end winner notification email (ID5) - information for a winner - winning and ending an auction.
- end winner notification email (ID14) - reserve price not reached - info to - end of auction, the reserve price was not reached.
- new offer author notification email (ID1) - info about new offer to auction owner
- new offer - bidder notification email (ID2) - info to bidder- confirmation of the offer
- new offer - outbid user notification email (ID3) -info to outbid about new offer
Auctions can be enabled from the administrator area of from the frontpage area. Let's start with the first possibility
In DJ-Classifieds component control panel open the "Items" tab and choose the ad you want to use for an auction.
Each DJ-Classifieds item contains an "Auctions" tab. Open it.
As you can see on the screen below, there are several parameters to configure:
- Auction - yes/no - enable or disable the auction for this item
- Min bid increase - set the minimum bid increase value
- Max bid increase -set the maximum bid increase value
- Reserve price - set the reserve price
- Current Bids - all auction bids will be visible here ( it's possible to remove old bids)
Remember that the auction made possible, each item must have a defined price. You can set the price in "New" tab.
Let's see how the auction activation looks from the front view.
You must be logged in. Go to "Your adverts".
Find the proper ad and click "Edit".
Set the "Bidding active" option on "Yes".
As you can see now, the same options as in administrator area are possible to configure.
Once the auction options are configured we are ready to make an example bid. Let's see how it works.
The Saab 9-3 Aero item is opened. We are already logged in. Placing a bid is simple. Just set the price and click "Place bid".
The bid was just placed correctly.
At this moment, the information about the bid goes directly via email to
- auction author
- outbid (if exists)
In the meantime we have made another example bid. Let's check how the item looks like now:
The add owner can remove bids. He must be logged in to do it.
Bids can be also removed in administrator area. They are visible in item's view in "auctions" tab (we have configured some parameters there already)
One more thing. As we wrote before, the auction owner can message the bidder on the frontpage. Just click on the bidder's name.
When the auction ends (the end of the auction is equal to the ad expiration date) the Cron checks who won and sends information through e-mail to the winner, losers and the admin.