This application for DJ-Classifieds classifieds extension for Joomla allows users to add attachments to any advert. You can define file formats, allow users to write their own captions or set predefined captions to choose when adding the attachments.
First install the app like any regular plugin.
Then open the plugin. It's under Extensions > Plugins and the plugin is called: DJ-Classifieds - Files Attachments .
You can also find it by filtering the Type for djclassifieds when in plugins:
Once you open the plugin you can see the possible configuration:
the possible options are:
- Attachment formats - here you can set all the formats that you allow your users to upload
- Predefined captions - Leave empty to allow any caption or put each caption into separate line to make it available as a selectlist
- Max. attachments limit (backend) - Enter the maximum number of files which users should be allowed to upload. Set negative (e.g. -1) to allow uploading unlimited number of files in the back-end
- Max. attachments limit (frontend) - Enter the maximum number of files which front-end users should be allowed to upload. Enter 0 to deny uploading/managing files
- Max. attachment size [KB] - Maximum size of single attachment, eg. 2048 = 2MB. 0 = unlimited/limited by server
- Multiple Attachment Upload - Enable/Disable multiple attachments upload
When all is set remember to enable the plugin and click Save.
You're now all set.
How it looks like on frontend
When the plugin is enabled users can start adding file attachments to adverts.
In the submission form when adding new advert there's a new field available: Attachments
Depending on the settings in the plugin the attachments amount will be limited or not.
If no predefined captions were set user can enter own captions or leave the file name.
If predefined captions were set user can choose one of the available options from the select list:
Once the advert is saved and published the attachments are possible to be downloaded in the advert details:
As you can see there is some more info about the attachments:
- file name / caption
- file format
- size of the file
- number of downloads