[With Video] This tutorial will be helpful if you have recently updated your Joomla to 3.6 and you're not able install the extensions from your Joomla admin panel (no installation tabs visible).
How to check if it's your case?
- Open your Joomla administrator panel
- Go to Extensions->Manage->Install
- If you see this information: "No installation plugin has been enabled. At least one must be enabled to be able to use the installer. Go to the Plugin Manager to enable the plugins."
- Now click the "Plugin manager" button.
- If you do not see any plugin there and you see the information " There are no plugins installed matching your query", it looks like you have this error and you should fix it.
Luckily there is a quick solution.
Let's see how to resolve this issue. Follow these few steps:
- Go to Extensions->Manage->Discover
- You'll see there a list of discovered plugins (if not just click "Discover")
- Now check all the plugins and click "Install"
- You should see the message: "Discover install successful".
- Now Go to Extensions->Manage->Install and click the "Plugin manager" button.
- Plugins should be visible now. Check the installation plugins and click "enable"
- Now you can go back to Extensions->Manage->Install
You are now able to upload & install Joomla extension.
Below you can find video showing step by step how to fix this issue: