The latest version of the gallery and slideshow extension for Joomla was just released with new power features and fixes.
The noteworthy new features:
New Masonry album layout added
The new layout - Masonry - lets you display images in the gallery with the fixed width and fluid height in a modern way. The setting allows to alter the description and other features you are familar with from other layouts. You can set the dimensions, grid spacing and much more.
The Masonry is the 10th layout available in DJ-MediaTools and another one for the gallery layout next to slideshow layouts.
Front-end managing of albums with custom items source
The new feature added to DJ-MediaTools lets you allow certain group of users to submit and manage albums from frontend. Handy feature if you are planning to allow one of your team of managers or administrators to manage the albums/galleries from frontend. It comes with the permissions settings. The users with such permissions can create and edit the current albums without need to access administrator part of Joomla. The new "Edit" button opens the view with option to edit the albums when user is registered.
The logged in user can change the ordering of the images, change the title, description, add or remove images from the album.
Content source plugin got many new, useful features
The content source plugin lets you pull images from the Joomla articles. It is one of 12 integrations you can find in DJ-MediaTools.
The update of the articles integration includes:
- dynamic mode - when enabled, the module will appear only on category pages and not on article pages, and will display the results only from the category where the user currently is browsing,
- multiple categories to select - now you can add more then one category to the album, so images can be pulled from multiple of them and even from the child categories (you decide the depth),
- author - select the author of the article to filter, this way you can display images from articles written by certain authors
- date filtering - by date, date range, the options include also filtering by: created date, modified date and publishing date
- option to display: date, category, hits, author
- full compatibility with latest K2 ver. 2.8.0
- full compatibility with Joomla 3.8 // To be short about the issue with Joomla 3.8. - there's one problem with previous versions of DJ-MediaTools prior to 2.10, and the problem appears with the Slider based on DJ-ImageSlider layout. If any of you is interested in the exact details of the issue, feel free to contact me and I will be glad to provide more explanations. For those who want to check it yourself, those two links can be helpful: https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/pull/15300 (this is the patch) and https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/issues/17919 (here is the bug in this patch).
- 4 minor fixes related to translations, thumbnails, tabs // read more in the changelog
You can download the latest version in downloads section or update the extension using update manager or Joomla updater.
If your subscription expired you can renew it 25% discount right from your account.
Leave a comment if have any questions or thoughts about this update.