We have just released a new version of DJ-Events, which brings Joomla 4 Alpha compatibility, many new features, and some bug fixes.
New Joomla Events extension features
Joomla 4 compatibility
DJ-Events extension 1.1.0 version was tested and is compatible with Joomla 4 Alpha.
We have added the new module "DJ-Events - Map" displaying the upcoming/past events on the map (Google Maps).
User Events View - new front-end feature
Another new feature is the front-end "User Events" view (menu item type) purposed for easier managing user's own events.
Users were able to add their events from the "front-end" and now they can also display a list of their events. The list can be easily managed - users can sort it (Through event /start and end date/category/status) publish/unpublish and delete selected events.
New settings tab for views adjustments
"Views settings" tab was added to the global component configuration. It allows to show or hide layouts' elements in the Events Listing, Weekly Events, and Event views.
Improved event’s layout view
The event's location, price and external URL were moved under the title. There is now a bigger default poster size and displayed only once.
Show also past events
More filtering options were added for "DJ-Events-Items" module. It allows displaying past events.
This module contains filtering options: Type of events, Time range in days, Categories (multiple), Cities (multiple), Follow Category, Follow City, Featured Only.
Calendar Module Update
The "DJ-Events-Calendar" module contains now new filtering options: Categories (multiple), Cities (multiple), Follow Category, Follow City, Featured Only.
There's also some fixes in this update:
- Fixed routing of front-end edition form in case there is no menu item with Events Listing View created
- Events without images missing in the events by week view
- Fixed storing poster selection for a new event
Want to know more?
- You will find the full list of changes in the change log for 1.1.0 version.
- Check how you can update DJ-Events
- Check the DJ-Events documentation section
- Check the DJ-Events FAQ section
- Visit DJ-Events product page to discover all the available component features.